Friday, March 24, 2006

"Dailies" March 24, 2006

(Note: My apologies for not posting yesterday; I am going to have to find a better time to work on my blog and work it into my schedule.)

Scripture:
Psalm 56:3-4,8 Amplified Bible

“What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You.
By the help of God I will praise His word; On God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?
You number and record my wonderings: put my tears into Your bottle-are they not in Your book?”

Quote:
“ A chastisement fell upon Him so that we as individual humans could experience peace with God if we so desired. But the chastisement was upon Him. Rebuke, discipline and correction--these are found in chastisement. He was beaten and scourged in public by the decree of the Romans. They lashed Him in public view as they later lashed Paul. They whipped and punished Him in full view of the jeering public, and His bruised and bleeding and swollen person was the answer to the peace of the world and to the peace of the human heart. He was chastised for our peace; the blows fell upon Him....
I think I speak for a great host of forgiven and born-again men and women, when I say that in our repentance we sensed just a fraction and just a token of the wounding and chastisement which fell upon Jesus Christ as He stood in our place and in our behalf....He was publicly humiliated and disgraced as a common thief, wounded and bruised and bleeding under the lash for sins He did not commit, for rebellions in which He had no part, for iniquity in the human stream that was an outrage to a loving God and Creator.”
-p.6-7, Who Put Jesus on the Cross? by A. W. Tozer

Poem:

"Four Things"

Four things a man must learn to do
If he would make his record true:
To think without confusion clearly;
To love his fellow-men sincerely;
To act from honest motives purely;
To trust in God and Heaven securely.
-Henry van Dyke

Today in History:
  • Fanny Crosby (1820-1915)-Blind hymn writer: “Blessed Assurance.”
  • John Wesley Powell (1834-1902)-American geologist, explorer of Colorado and Utah, ethnologist, classified American Indian languages.

No comments: