Sunday, March 19, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to In Pursuit...
Your host is Ana Smith, I am 14 years old, have been homeschooled all the way so far and loving it. Hailing from North-Central Alabama, I enjoy pursuing Christ, reading, writing, HTML and Logo, history, civics, piano, cooking, knitting [or attempting to anyway :-) ], quilting, and creating jewelry out of beads. My Daddy enjoys studying the Bible, listening to music, and any kind of play that involves water. Mamma is learning to be a submissive and cheerful wife and homemaker. She enjoys improvising Southern Gospel style on the piano and is almost constantly re-organizing. My brother Gregory (11) delights in drawing, reading, talking, climbing trees, digging, woodworking, Legos, K’Nex, and Royal Rangers.

My vision is that more young people would realize in their youth what true Christianity, servant-hood, manhood, and womanhood is all about. This includes pursuing Christ and the understanding of the Bible, humanity, Creation, history, government, literature, and the fine, performing, and domestic arts. However I must confess as Paul said,

“Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own. I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.”-Philippians 3:12-14, The Amplified Bible

I hope to post book-reviews, biographical profiles and accounts, articles, and interesting tidbits from my life. ‘Dailies’ is a feature with a scripture verse/passage, quote, and at times poems and song lyrics to be posted daily.

“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.”-Ephesians 1:17 KJV

In His Care,
Ana Smith

2 comments:

Jennifer Steal said...

Hey this is Kayla. I have a blog and it is under my pen name. I like your blog. I hope to talk to you later.

Jennifer Steal said...

Hey this is Kayla. I have a blog under my pen name. I just thought I would say that I like your blog. You should check out mine. Talk to you later.
Love ya,
Kayla