Monday, April 10, 2006

"Dailies" April 10, 2006

I believe I will just keep posting the Today in History/ Birthdays/etc... everyday and take Sundays off from blogging. I apologize for all the changes, but I am very new to blogging and still trying to figure out how to make it work for me and my schedule.

Scripture:
This morning I read the blessing of Jacob to his sons and was again amazed at the abundance of accurate prophecies given to each son. Naturally, my favorite was the blessing given to Judah:

Genesis 49:9-12, Amplified Bible
"Judah, a lion's cub! With the prey, my son, you have gone high up [the mountain]. He stooped down, he crouched like a lioness-who dares provoke and rouse him?
The scepter or leadership shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until Shiloh [the Messiah, the Peaceful One] comes to Whom it belongs, and to Him shall be the obedience of the people.
Binding His foal to the vine and His donkey's colt to the choice vine, He washes His garments in wine and His clothes in the blood of grapes.
His eyes are darker and more sparkling than wine, and His teeth whiter than milk."


Today in History/Birthdays:

William Booth (1829-1912) Founder of the Salvation Army. [An excellent biography of William and Catherine Booth is, William and Catherine by Trevor Yaxley.]

John R. Sweney (died 1899) Hymnwriter: "Tell Me the Story of Jesus," "More about Jesus."

Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911) American journalist, founder of the Pulitzer Prizes for excellence in American journalism, literature, and music.

Robert Gray is the first American to circumnavigate the earth.

No comments: