Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"Dailies" April 4, 2006

Scripture:
Jeremiah 23:24 “Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.”

Ephesians 1:18
“The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,”

Quote:
“The Church will come out of her doldrums when we find out that salvation is not a light bulb only, that it is not an insurance policy against hell only, but that it is a gateway into God and that God is all that we would have and can desire....And then when you get into God, “with Christ in God,” then you’re on a journey into infinity, into infinitude. There is no limit and no place to stop. There isn’t just one work of grace, or a second work or a third work, and then that’s it. There are numberless experiences and spiritual epochs and crises that can take place in your life while you are journeying out into the heart of God in Christ.”
-p. 3-4, Attributes of God Volume I by A. W. Tozer

Poetry:

Which are You?
Unknown

I watched them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town;
With a ho-heave-ho and a lusty yell
They swung a beam and the sidewalk fell.
I asked the foreman: “Are these men skilled,
And the men you’d hire if you had to build?”
He gave a laugh and said: “No indeed!
Just common labor is all I need.
I can easily wreck in a day or two
What builders have taken a year to do!”

And I thought to myself as I went my way,
Which of these roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care,
Measuring life by the rule and square?
Am I shaping my deeds to a well-made plan,
Patiently doing the best I can?
Or am I a wrecker who walks the town,
Content with the labor of tearing down.

Today in History/ National and International Days:
  • Linus Yale (1821-1912) American painter and lock inventor.
  • Joseph Lister(1827-1912) English founder of aseptic surgery.
  • Flag Act (1818) Congress approved the first U. S. flag.
  • Senegal Independence

No comments: