Thursday, February 07, 2008

Some Things Never Change...

Lately, I've been studying theology, particularly those tricky subjects like God's providence and sovereignty, free will, the source of sin, etc... Those topics might not be so tricky for some, but I've grown up believing the Armenian camp of thought with almost no knowledge of Calvinistic theology and other camps of Christian thought. That is, until a year ago, my family began attending an amazing, family-based, small Presbyterian church. That was when my thought processes became rocked and challenged.

The following paragraph is an impromptu essay I wrote in a homeschool co-op class, September a year ago. My English teacher asked us to write about how we viewed God and our relationship with Him. My belief system was totally Armenian then. Now, it's somewhere in between. It's amazing to notice that what I wrote last year, I still believe wholeheartedly....and I believe I always will. This is testimony to how clearly God speaks to us in His word. There are certain beliefs that Christian believers around the world, of all denominations will attest to. As chaotic as my life has been this last year, there are some things that never change...


Blessed to Know
September 13, 2006

God is the ultimate Heavenly Father in every area of life. Existing as a triune being He is comprised of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. His attributes include being all-knowing, all-powerful, and ever-just.

As a Father He is an authority in my life. Being the Son of the Father, God has already been tempted and tried in every way possible. Therefore, I have a competent High Priest who has prepared a bridge between myself and the Father. The Holy Spirit is my guide, counselor, and teacher in every area of life…a true gift from the Father. All in all I am blessed to know that my God is available in every aspect of human life.

No comments: