Wednesday, June 11, 2008

THE Passion

Wow, I'm quickly forming a favorites list for 2008! Do Hard Things, Don't Waste Your Life, and now...When Dreams Come True. These are books that are shaking, shaping, and transforming my life. God is amazing!

Each of these books have given me a fresh vision to know God as my ultimate passion. Not seeing Him as a passion that will bring me gifts, great opportunities, and other passions. But as the Passion. That if I never received anything else in this life, He is and would be everything I need. Period. That period is tough, but God hasn't been letting me forget it.

Don't Waste Your Life implanted a seed for this passion. Do Hard Things watered this seed by challenging me to live out that passion in every area of my life. When Dreams Come True sprouted the seed, declaring that Christ is my true love.


"If my life was to have a single, all-satisfying, unifying passion, it would have to be God’s passion."
-p.28, Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper

Which books has God been using to sprout seeds in your life?
What would an evaluation of the passions in your life look like?

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Hey Ana....
Yay, ANOTHER Smith! (I'm one too! :-)
My parents just bought the Harris brothers' book...and I'm really looking forward to reading it! It sounds great.
Challenging post...
Brianna