Sunday, November 23, 2008

Spiritual Sunday: Week I


The following are some spiritually encouraging posts I found last week on the blogosphere:

"Vending Machine Theology"-Lora Lynn at Blissfully Domestic:
"If I could erase one phrase from my children’s vocabulary, it would be I want. We’re working on helping them ask for things with a “May I have … please,” but in the meantime, my world is full of I-wants..."

"An Opinionated Single"-Jasmine Baucham at Joyfully Home:

"I'm not sure if I really "count" as a single. I'm well into my eighteenth year, I graduated from high school in 2007, I'm continuing my education, and I have a full-time job... working for my daddy. If I were a part of an age-segregated church, depending on which one, I might still be in the youth group, I might be in the college group, or I might be in the singles' group. I still live with my family, and I'm still an integral part of our family unit (I hope :-). Though I am not currently married or romantically involved, however, I don't quite see myself as a "single." Oh, yes, I'm an individual... but I'm an individual that is used to working with a team; to me, the word "single" connotes, just that: singularity..."

"World of Splendor"-Bria at Candid Creation:
" Come let us go up to the mountain of the Lord..."

"Young People Must Think About Death"~The Rebelution:

"Death is a morbid subject. Death is scary and depressing. People shouldn’t think about death. Young people definitely shouldn’t think about death. After all, we’re young, we’re invincible, and we’ve got our whole lives ahead of us. Right?..."

"Thoughts From a Tea Bag"~ Hannah at Beauty from the Heart: "As I hunkered down with J.I. Packer's Knowing God, I noticed my tea mug contained a message. Printed on the tea bag's tail were the words, "Calm is the highest achievement of the self..."

"Who Else Wants to Be a Red Shoe?"~Christa Taylor at Empowered Traditionalist:

"I grew up wearing sensible shoes.

They were called “Buster Browns” in the day, and they served my Catholic school uniform( with the chubbette expando-waist band) quite well..."

"The Cry on the Front: The Cry We Don't Hear at Home"- Christin A. at Godly Ladies in Training:

"Suppose you are a soldier on the front line. The war was on. You load your arms with ammunition. You fired. One dead on the enemy’s front line. Two. Three. Four and until your bullets are gone. But the enemies kept coming. Their number seems to have not diminished despite all your firearm’s effort to hit them. You look beside you. Your fellow soldiers are still firing but some have the same problem that you have: lack of ammunition. You look behind and you see your troop’s lines thinning. You look back to the front. Amidst the thick smoke and dust your enemies are still firing and they’re killing your fellow soldiers..."

"Why Mr. Darcy?"-Heather Koerner at Boundless Line: "Several weeks ago, we had a very lively discussion emerge on Motte's Whom Not to Marry blog about 19th-century novelist Jane Austen, her books and, specifically, the hero of her novel Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy..."

No comments: