Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Meme

Hannah G. tagged me several weeks ago, here it is among my backlog of tags to catch up on:

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your family and friends.

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!

Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

Then tag a whole bunch of people you know. Tis the Season to be NICE!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! What fun is there is pulling a present out of a bag?

2. Real or fake tree? Fake every year but one. That year was a lesson in how serious we should take mom's allergies.

3. When do you put up a tree? Usually really soon after Thanksgiving. This year it got put up a few days before Thanksgiving due to a hectic schedule. But, the ornaments didn't get on until my grandparents were here last week.

4. When do you take it down? Usually sometime in January. One year we took it down on Valentine's Day!

5. Do you like eggnog? I LOVE eggnog. Sure is fattening though...

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Toss up between my American Girl Kirsten doll when I was 7 and some nice, winter dresses when I was 9.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone in my immediate family is pretty easy, it's extended family I have trouble with. Thank goodness my dad's family started Dirty Santa several years ago!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My 13 year old brother

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Uhh...when was the last time we did cards?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one for me, there's some embarrassing stories in my extended family though.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Toughie...The Nativity Story, The Christmas Box, It's a Wonderful Life, I don't know?!?

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It's different every year. This year I did it all in the first weekend of December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so...

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh, gracious me...how are you supposed to choose when you live in the Heart of Dixie?

16. Lights on the tree? I LOVE lights. White lights are my favorite. I can't stand twinkling lights though.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Arghh...I hate this kind of question, my brother loves to bug me with these. Mary Did You Know, The First Noel, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Carol of the Bells, Have Your Self a Merry Little Christmas, What Child is This?, The Holly and the Ivy, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Coventry Carol, Ding, Dong Merrily on High, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Auld Lang Syne....

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually stay home on Christmas day but travel in state to extended family during the Christmas season.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Donner, Dancer, Prancer, Blitzen, Dixen, Rudolph, uhhh...guess not!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star!

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Morning! Except this year, my grandparents from Kentucky came down last week. We never get to have Christmas with them, so we opened most of our presents then.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That the radio station repeats the same lineup of artists and songs over and over. Come on people, there's a plethora of Christmas songs and versions to choose from!

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Silver, white, and deep red.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Told you already, it's to tough when you live in the Deep South!

25. Favorite Decorations? My mom's snowman "choir" on top of the piano.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well, we did presents early this year, and I was so busy, I didn't think much about what I wanted. So, what I got was: a lot of Christmas music, my favorite~Noel by Josh Groban; a bio. of Bach; book about card making; Vision Forum's Scotland tour cds; fancy pens; kitchen gadgets; The Landmark Herodotus; and jewelry. Wrap that up together with me and you've got a very happy girl!


No comments: