Monday, June 07, 2010

Again!

Today as I was teaching my students in preparation for the recital this Saturday, several were still having trouble with continuity and their own peculiar trouble spots. With all the repetition to get each section perfect, I felt like Coach Herb Brooks in this scene from the movie "Miracle." lol!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Philippians, we are told, "Rejoice in the lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" Finding and keeping joy is definitely a Christian discipline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today I filled gift bags for my piano students. I can't wait to share with you what is in them next week and how I plan on them being used throughout the next year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I received this book in the mail today and am excited to start using it with several of my students. I may even try to arm twist my brother or a student into learning "The Water is Wide" The selections include a ragtime, lyrical songs, a march, an imitation piece, and even a "Holiday Waltz." The parts are well evenly divided and very well suited for early intermediate students.



Celebrated Piano Duets Book 3 by Robert D. Vandall -He also composed the wonderful and popular "Fly with the Eagles" Duet.

No comments: