Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Faces

Mouth of Flower - Octavio Ocampo 
Octavio Ocampo

God keeps gifting me with faces:

The face of grace found on a child who should have died; a child who is beautiful, loving, and hungry to learn.

The face of hope found on his mother through her exploding love for Jesus and the tenacity of her life as a new person found through redemption.

The face of generosity and purity: She never stops giving; there is never anything too small for her to put her hands to nor anything too great she does not have faith her God will complete.

The face of trust found in a teenage girl who has battled anxiety to find identity and confidence in her Savior.
 
Look around you. Who are your faces?

Genesis 33:10
"And Jacob said, 'No, please, if I have now found favor in your sight, then receive my present from my hand, inasmuch as I have seen your face as though I had seen the face of God, and you were pleased with me.'"

Psalm 80:7
"Restore us, O God of hosts;
Cause Your face to shine,
And we shall be saved!"

Ezekial 39:29
" And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ says the Lord God.”

Isaiah 25:8 
"He will swallow up death forever,
And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces;
The rebuke of His people
He will take away from all the earth;
For the Lord has spoken."


2 Corinthians 4:6
"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."  

No comments: